Lope K. Santos
- 1st Filipino editor of Muling Pagsilang, the Tagalog version of the nationalistic newspaper El Renacimiento (1903)
- Founder and publisher of the first Filipino national weekly, Sampagita
- 1st Filipino Worshipful Master of Magat Lodge No. 68 in Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
- Director of the Surian ng Wikang Pambansa
- Author of the law creating Bonifacio Day
- Governor of Rizal (1910-1913)
- Governor of Nueva Ecija (1918-1920)
- Senator of the Philippines (1921 -1922)
"My last hours on earth have come, but I regret that I will breathe my last without knowing what will happen to the Tagalog language…Whether indeed it will become the national language."
"Pillar of Philippine Literature"
DATE OF BIRTH
September 25, 1879
Pasig, Rizal, Philippines
FATHER: Ladislao Santos
MOTHER: Victoria Canseco
WIFE: Simeona Salazar (Mona)
Lope and Simeona have five children.
YEAR OF DEATH
May 1, 1963
USEFUL LINKSLope K. Santos - Father of the Filipino Grammar: Fighting for National
126th Birth Anniversary of Lope K. Santos: Father of our national language
List of Previous Senators - Senate of the Philippines
Famous Filipino Masons - Lope K. Santos