"Father of Philippine Independence"
"Father of the Philippine National Language"
Pres. Manuel L. Quezon
AKA Manuel Luis Molina Quezon
- 1st Filipino President of the Commonwealth of the Philippines (1935-44)
- 1st Filipino to win the first National Presidential Election (1935)
- 1st Filipino resident of the Malacañan Palace
- 1st Filipino President of the National Olympic Committee in Philippines (1935)
- 1st Filipino Chairman of the Philippine Amateur Athletic Federation (1913)
- 2nd President of the Philippines
"I prefer a country run like hell by Filipinos to a country run like heaven by Americans. Because, however bad a Filipino government might be, we can always change it."
DATE OF BIRTH
August 19, 1878 (official; actually born August 19, 1877)
Baler, Tayabas (now Aurora), Philippines
FATHER: Lucio Quezon
MOTHER: Maria Dolores Molina
WIFE: Aurora Antonia Aragon
CHILDREN: María Aurora (Baby), María Zeneida (Nini), Luisa Corazón Paz (Nenita), and Manuel Jr. (Nonong)
YEAR OF DEATH
August 1, 1944
USEFUL LINKSManuel L. Quezon
The Philippine Presidency Project: Manuel L. Quezon
Wikipedia Article on Manuel L. Quezon