"Father of Philippine Trade Unionism"
"Father of the Philippine Socialism"
"Father of Ilocano Journalism"
Isabelo de los Reyes
- 1st Filipino labor union leader (1902)
- Founder and President of the 1st Philippine labor union, Union Obrera Democratica Filipina (Philippine Democratic labor Union, 1902)
- Founder of the 1st Filipino independent Catholic Church (Philippine Independent Church, 1902)
- Founder and 1st Filipino Editor of the 1st vernacular newspaper in the Philippines, El llocano (1889)
- Founder and 1st Filipino Editor of the 1st labor newspaper in the Philippines, La Redencion del Obrero (The Redemption of the laborer)
“Lack of social justice causes social unrest.”
DATE OF BIRTH
July 7, 1864
Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Philippines
FATHER: Elias de los Reyes
MOTHER: Leona Florentino
3rd WIFE: Maria Um
2nd WIFE: Maria Angeles Lopez Montero
1st WIFE: Josefa Sevilla
Isabelo de los Reyes had 27 children by his three marriages.
YEAR OF DEATH
October 10, 1938
USEFUL LINKSIsabelo De Los Reyes
Isabelo De Los Reyes: Father of the Philippine Socialism
Vigan folk honor father of unionism
Will There Be Martial Law?