"Father of Philippine Linguistics"
Dr. Cecilio F. Lopez
- 1st Filipino Scientific Linguist
- 1st Filipino Academician in the field of Linguistics at the National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST, 1978)
- Professor Emeritus of Linguistics and Oriental Studies at the University of the Philippines (UP, 1963)
- Outstanding Alumnus of the University of the Philippines (1970)
- Fellow of John Simon Guggenheim in Linguistics at Yale University in Michigan (1946)
DATE OF BIRTH
February 1, 1898
Marikina, Rizal, Philippines
YEAR OF DEATH
September 5, 1979
USEFUL LINKSDOST-NAST: Lopez, Cecilio F.
Cecilio Lopez - Famous Filipino
Public Anthropology Cecilio Lopez (1898-1979)
John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation 1946 Fellows Page